Help and support Disputes


Whilst we hope that you are pleased with the service that we provide, we understand that sometimes things go wrong. When this happens, we will always try to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Where we are unable to do this, we follow a codified escalation procedure, where the dispute is escalated to our management team and then to a third party mediator.

The dispute process

Starting a dispute

In the first instance you should call us or email us clearly outlining the issue. We will hopefully be able to resolve it there and then, but if not you should state your dissatisfaction with our proposed solution.


If still unable to resolve your dispute, we will escalate internally to the management team, with a view to finding an reasonable solution.

Escalation to the European Commission

If you still are unsatisfied and we are unable to come to an agreement, you can raise a dispute with the European Commission here

Escalation to the Furniture Ombudsman

If you still are unsatisfied and we are unable to come to an agreement, you can raise a dispute with the Furniture Ombudsman.

How we handle disputes internally

    • Each dispute is handled by the employee with whom you placed the order initially and is overseen by another employee. The role of the second employee is to ensure that the dispute is handled correctly.
    • When a dispute is discussed over the telephone we will send you a written summary of the discussion covering what was proposed, rejected and agreed.
    • If you’d like us to include a third party of your choosing in our correspondence such as the Citizens Advice Bureau or your legal representative, please let us know and we’ll do this for you.
    • We aim to respond to dispute correspondence within one working day. Where a dispute becomes complex, we may take up to 7 days to respond to communications, where for example we need to seek advice from a third party, such as a legal professional.

Further help and advice

You can receive further help and advice in dealing with disputes from the Citizens Advice Bureau and the Furniture Ombudsman. You can also seek independent legal advice.

You are also covered by the consumer rights act which is outlined here